The opposite of hyperlinking is RSS aka really simple syndication.
Users find content on the web and hyperlink to it . The opposite is subscribing to syndicated content aka RSS feeds.
RSS readers are also known as aggregators.
Metadata or metatags
- are usually embedded in website code,
- are not visible to the eye,
- are added by website content managers,
- are arranged by taxonomies,
- are structured hierarchically, and
- are meant for search engines.
The opposite of a metatag is a regular tag.
- are words that authors such as bloggers select and attach to the content they create,
- are meant for humans,
- are arranged by folksonomies,
- are logical in the sense that they convey meaning about the content, and
- are often arranged into tag concept groups called tag clouds, which show how the terms relate to one another.
Hyperlinking & tagging can both be considered e-learning activities as they impact student learning, whereas RSS feeds are rather materials that can be part of an e-course.
1 CommentLeave a comment
This is an English-only blog.
If anyone wishes to post a comment in a language different from English, please contact the author directly – http://www.englishlab.net/online-english-teacher.html (scroll down for the email address)